Brown Territory

Brown Territory
Alaska

Friday 11 March 2011

Message for our Grandchildren

Sometime this year Poppa and I will be travelling half way round the world to Alaska a place which is very different from England .In the winter it can be very cold and and the days are dark for much longer .Alaska is  nearer the North pole than we are and at night you can look into the sky and see the beauty of the Aurora lights painting moving colours across the sky .(See the picture on the right.)  
In summer the days are much longer deep snow melts and everything bursts into life.
We hope to discover what it is like to live in a place where eagles can be seen flying past the window of your house, moose wander  into town occasionally ,and mountains are volcanoes are almost on your doorstep.

So Poppa Keith and I hope that occasionally you will take a peek at our adventures
With love from us both

So this blog is especially for you too!


3 comments:

  1. Please forgive errors in this blog I am still learning how to use it

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I am away from home, I find it comforting to know that the same moon and big dipper are lighting up the sky both where I am traveling and over those I love back home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautifully the "world's a big family" thought and also that we carry home with us in our hearts .

    ReplyDelete